Tuesday, June 1, 2010

30 Days of Gratitude - Ground Zero

It's the eve of the infamous "Junefest" ( a celebration of birthdays within extremely close proximity to one another, shared by very close friends) and so I decided to finally spill the beans on my next blogging exercise.

In searching for an outlook for my blog, I decided that I would take the month of June to explore
"30 Days of Gratitude".

I used to practice the art of gratitude, each night before bed....writing a few things that I was grateful for in that day, whether the day was good or bad. In doing so, I was able to concentrate on the truly simple and beautiful things in my life, and let go of the bad.

I often complain, usually with my tongue in cheek...but sometimes I find it difficult to see the beauty in every situation. Those of you who know me likely know that I am a mostly positive person and do my best to ensure that others around me are as happy as possible.

One of my friends on Facebook, a large, tattooed lead singer of a rock band, posts his gratitudes every day, and so I thank him for his "vulnerability"and strength in breaking through any negative stereotypes that may have put upon him. His gratitude posts have inspired many to do the same.
(Thank you Troy)

My hope is that just one of my gratitude posts will touch each and every one of you. And I welcome you to post your gratitude of the day underneath mine, as a comment.

Have a wonderful month!

No comments:

Post a Comment