Sunday, June 13, 2010

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 12


Wow! I'm exhausted....so tired that I am sure I shouldn't have been driving yesterday. It's from work, yes, but also from filling my days with "yes, yes, yes" instead of "nos".

This weekend, I am grateful for the word NO.
In it's entirety.
"No" is a complete sentence.

I'm pretty much over trying to please everyone, because I have found that is impossible. So, sometimes I need to say "No" or "No, thank you" to someone or something, in order to say "Yes" to myself.

I'm becoming increasingly comfortable with the notion that No is not necessarily a negative. It's actually liberating to say, and to practice.

So long as I am "for something" ( like resting, exercising, nurturing my soul, hanging out by myself ) and not "against something" else ( like, just saying "no" to be difficult ) I am fine with NO.

Saying No once in awhile, allows me to say "Yes" with enthusiasm, more often.

Gratitude....

No comments:

Post a Comment