Tuesday, June 1, 2010

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 1


As I was driving to an appointment with a very loyal client, I decided that my gratitude today is LOYALTY.

As I was driving home from my appointment with my very loyal client, I was fortunate enough to talk to one of my most loyal friends, thus solidifying my gratitude for the day.

Whether it is a loyal pet, client, friend or family member, having someone who has my back, no matter what, is one of the most important elements of the foundation that I stand upon.

I realize that in this economy, and with all the choices of service providers out there, that clients can shop around for a better deal that what I am prepared to offer them. Yet, most of my clients just are that loyal. Feeling safe in a business relationship is a two-way street, and when I know that they trust me and value my opinion and service, I am able to propel myself to do an even better job for them. It's a great feeling.

When it comes to friends, I can count on one hand the friends I have that are truly loyal to me. The friend that I spoke to tonight is the embodiment of loyalty. I never have to worry that she is talking out of both sides of her mouth with me. We can go without talking for over a month and the moment we speak again, not a moment has been lost. We have very different realities....she the mother of 3 young children and a crazy household, me with a career and a somewhat milder existence. Yet, we recognize the each other in one another and therein lies the bond. I've described this friend, and one other, as the girls who would drive my get-away car. I know that they may not always agree with my actions or position, but would never judge me unfairly or talk about me behind my back. I find these types of friendships rare and so cherished.

So, today I am grateful for the loyalty of the people in my life that appreciate and care about me. And I am glad they do....because I appreciate and care for them too.

Gratitude.....

3 comments:

  1. Glad you working with a loyal customer. I remember when you were talking about a person looking for a house and they lied to you the whole way through. Very glad that these future home owners are at least being loyal to you.

    I'm glad that we are friends. Even if we never see each other ever again, I will always be a loyal friend to you, even though you have more friends than anyone could imagine.

    However being grateful to those who are close to you will always make for happy days. Things could happen and they will be there for you even if you don't call them for help.

    Oh and btw nice new blog set-up and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're blogging again. Very glad.

    One might even say I'm grateful.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww....thanks you two. These comments slipped through or I would have acknowledged them sooner!

    Andre....You will always have a friend in me. And one can never have too many loyal friends. I anticipate that we will see eachother again. I'll see to it. I am very grateful that we are friends and got to share a meal and some laughs while I was in North Carolina. You are a fine man. xo

    Christy...I am ever so grateful for you. That is really all I have/need to say. I hope you know how I feel about you. xo

    ReplyDelete