Tuesday, June 8, 2010

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 8




Today, and every day, I am grateful for my FRIENDS.

I was given a heart token today that read "Friends are the family we make for ourselves". I found that so appropriate, especially as lately I have really been evaluating my relationships and trying to strengthen the friendships that are deep and meaningful to me.

One day I was having a rough "family" day and made a joke : "Family is the reason we make friends". I really didn't mean it, because my family is tremendous. I know you may be thinking "Yeah right, no one's family is perfect or wonderful all the time", but my family really is. My parents have set an example about how to treat each other ( they've been divorced for 30+ years) that I haven't seen demonstrated very often. My brother is amazing and the rest of my extended family adds so much substance to my life.

But, my FRIENDS.....my friends are amazing. I am so grateful to have such beautiful, straightforward, caring friends. They also are incredibly patient with me when I "disappear" or aren't 100 % present in their lives. I always feel supported, never alone. In fact, the only time I feel lonely is when I take myself "out". They always reach out, even if I am not always available to receive their love.

So, to my friends. Thank you. Thank you for being you. Thank you for being in my life. Thank you for being in my extended "family"

Gratitude....

1 comment: