Sunday, June 6, 2010

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 6


...."please ensure your own oxygen mask is securely fastened before you attempt to assist others with their masks"....

We all know the flight attendant speech that is made before each flight we take off on. The reason they want us to put our own oxygen mask on before helping someone else is so that we CAN help the other person. Without our own mask, we may not get the oxygen we need to ensure that we are capable of helping others.

Today, I am grateful for OXYGEN MASKS. Not the ones that fall from the ceiling of an airplane in the event of an accident, but the people who in my life that support me. I picked up the analogy from the facilitator of the workshop I attended this weekend. She made such a good point about having people around you that speak your language and can breathe life back into you, when you feel as though you can't breathe or carry on.

In life, much like on a plane, oxygen masks are rare. There are enough for everyone, but they aren't necessarily in abundance.

There are a few people who speak my language, who know the cues to watch for when I am "out of breath", who are my lifeline. They are available, literally and figuratively, when I need them. They can sense the turbulence and "drop from the ceiling" so that I can take a breath and survive another day.

I am so grateful for my Mom, Dad, and cherished Friends....

My Oxygen Masks.

THANK YOU


Gratitude....

No comments:

Post a Comment