Sunday, June 6, 2010

30 Days of Gratitude - Days 4 and 5


I had some anxiety on Friday when I found out the hotel room I was staying in didn't have wifi. This meant that I couldn't post to my blog while I was away for the weekend. It did, however, allow me to focus on the person I was spending time with, which makes me grateful. More on that a little later in the post. In the meantime, I will fill you in on what I initially intended to post....

Day 4


Today I am grateful for being ALIVE. I am grateful every day, but day 4 was my birthday, which is that annual wake up call that, whether you like it or not, makes you stop for a moment and take stock of your life.


I love getting older. When I was in my 20s, I thought I knew it all. And now, in my 30s, I KNOW that I don't KNOW it all. I'm so excited to see what the future holds, while I do my best to live in each moment.

It really disappoints me when people have a birthday and find it depressing because they don't believe they are where they should be in life. Instead of reflecting on where one "should" have been, I suggest looking at where you are. If you look closely, you will probably recognize that you are EXACTLY where you should be.

Are you happy? Are you ALIVE? More importantly, are you happy and grateful to be alive? I know that I am.

I wouldn't be alive if it weren't for my wonderful parents. So, this would be an appropriate opportunity to express my gratitude of them. I also wouldn't be who I am if it weren't for the "village" of people that have "raised" me; parents, family, friends, teachers, mentors.


Gratitude....



Day 5

Today I am grateful for the UNIVERSE'S INTUITION.



Let me explain....

This weekend I was enrolled in a workshop that arrived at just the right moment in my life, because I was ready for it.

This workshop really required my utmost attention. It required my dedication. It required no distraction.


Well, guess what? Because my intent was clear, which was to be present, the universe created an environment which allowed me to focus on my goal.

Normally, my cell phone rings several times a day for business and I am inundated with texts and emails from clients and colleagues. This weekend, the phone was eerily but gratefully quiet. This enabled me to do what I needed to do.



Gratitude....

Read last year's birthday blog post here...

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!!! I'm grateful to be alive and I'm grateful that I haven't been in any situations where I would put myself in danger.

    I'm also grateful to read your blog and read your wisdom and knowledge. Many people I know don't like sharing their thoughts on a blog, facebook or anything like that. I feel like there should be more people like you.

    So keep on typing away and don't worry about your twitter binges, I like it :) hehehe

    ReplyDelete