Wednesday, June 2, 2010

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 2


There will likely be many days where my gratitude post will be about MUSIC, in some way, shape or form. Today is one of those days.

When I have a bad day, I try to reflect back to see what I could have done different in that day to make it happier. I usually have an "a-ha" moment, too late, of course, when I realize I'd gone most of the day without music on. I find that even the most daunting task is so much easier when I have music playing in the background.

Those of you who know me well are aware of my very broad interest in music. My tastes range from Classical to Metal, with almost everything in between. I can find the most appropriate music to fit any occasion, and I do. Much like food, water and sleep, I am not complete without music. I feel I would really die without it.

The other element of music that I am grateful for is the multitude of good friends I have acquired, especially in the last year and a half, because of it. I am sure that at some point I will go into further detail about almost each and every one of them, but I think it is fair to say that music does really unite people. Some people have come into my life because of music, and others have come in and our bond strengthened because of music.

Music is the thread that really does unite me with most of the people I love the most in my life.

Gratitude....

1 comment: