Sunday, June 20, 2010

30 Days of Gratitude - Days 17-20


Seeing that's it's Father's Day, I think it was only appropriate that the idea for my gratefulness post came to me this morning on my way to my brother's for breakfast with my family.

This weekend, I am grateful for my MAngels.

I am not at all religious, but I do believe that humans have the ability to help each other out without being physically present with the person they are assisting.

Because this is a multi-day post, I will be grateful for the different types of MAngels in my life ;

My friendly, neighborhood MAngelmen;

If you have been in my life lately, you'll know if you fall into this category. You are a dear male friend who has made his presence known this week. Be it through text message, email, facebook message, a phone call, a series of comical emails, or time spent together. You are slowly restoring my faith in the male spirit to just be a listener, a confidante, a friend. You recognize that you don't need to "fix" it or me, you just need to be with me in it.

And sometimes, you don't even know you're helping me.

If you have done any of the above lately, I thank you with the biggest of hearts.

Daddy Mangels;

I have many male friends who are separated or divorced. Every single one of them have taken the enthusiastic initiave to be an excellent parent to their children. In some cases, they are the sole/majority custodian of their children. I am so, so happy that I can call these parents/role models/instillers of confidence and love, my friends. Being a child of divorced parents, and having such a Daddy MAngel as these friends are, I know how important it is to have the male influence in a child's life. It is instrumental to the self-esteem and confidence of a child.

I appreciate every one of my single dad friends, who are giving dads, worldwide, a wonderful name.

My Dad

My dad is an angel. He is the measuring stick, not only for men in my life, but for everyone that I welcome into my life. Together, with my mom, he has created a safe, loving environment to be myself. He has guided me, advised me, accepted me and loved me unconditionally through my entire life.

Not many people know this about my dad. He does spiritual healing. It's a gift he's had for decades and it is something that he is so skilled at, and he executes it with the kindest and most sincere of approaches. Although it is not his occupation, I believe it is his calling.

I often get the feeling that my dad doesn't feel he has been the best father in the world. I'm glad I have the rest of my life to prove it to him.

Gratitude....

No comments:

Post a Comment