Sunday, November 21, 2010

Winter Ranter

I live in Western Canada.

We have 4 seasons here: Spring, Summer, Fall and WINTER.

I've lived here all my life.

And guess what?! We get winter EVERY YEAR. I honestly can't remember a year that winter didn't come and stay for 4-5 months.

So, I ask my fellow Canadians; Why are you so surprised that it's a bit chilly out at this time of year? Were you born last night? I suspect not.

There was a western conference final today in our city for the CFL ( for those of you below the 49th parallel, that stands for Canadian Football League - which I actually prefer over the NFL but that's a different subject) Anyway, people were selling their tickets today because it was "too cold". Here's a newsflash: -15c is NOT too cold. It's just cold. Stop whining.

Talking about the weather is such a boring subject. Mostly because no matter how much you bitch and moan about it, it's not going to change. Winter is the "Monday" of seasons in Canada.

That said, let's stop bitching about Monday too.

1 comment:

  1. I am from the Eastern USA, but I live in Australia now. and you should HEAR the whinging that goes on here during "winter" (let's call it a warm november for those of us who've experienced REAL winter) or when it rains a few days in a row.

    It's sad, really.

    ReplyDelete