Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Energized

I went to bed last night feeling rather sick, and woke up feeling the same way.

I didn't have time to be sick today, though. I had 2 appointments I'd been looking forward to for so long. The first was my very first drum lesson, which was fantastic. The second was an appointment with a world renowned "energy worker" whom I see once a year. If I didn't see him today, I would have had to wait until next year. Missing that wasn't even an option for me.

So, I worked with my energy twice today. I moved my energy while discovering the very early stages of drumming-and of course I've attracted the perfect teacher for my lessons. He's awesome. He's starting me at the very, very, very beginning. For someone who likes to jump into things head first, I thought this would be hard, but I found it incredibly relaxing and stress-free. It felt good for the energy in my body to dictate how a sound would come out as an extension of my arms and legs into a drum beat. It was a very cool first step for me.

I also moved energy with my friend, Norman, the energy worker. I feel comfortable calling him my friend. Anyone who can look at you and know almost precisely what is going on for you is a friend in my books. I suppose the proper description was that I allowed him to move my energy. But, I'll take some credit for that too. Again, for someone who is usually ansty with a mind that goes 100 miles an hour, you'd think it hard for me to lie still for 45 minutes in silence. Again, I found this experience utterly magnificent and relaxing. The touch applied is very subtle, but it's different that having someone touch you in your regular routine of life. This touch is applied with love and intention and therefore often moves things in me which I regularly hold down or hide. Again, I call Norman a friend because I can be completely vulnerable with him and it's not shameful to have feelings about what is going on in your body. Rather, it's liberating and beautiful. He favored my right knee, which has been bothering me for about 9 months. I hadn't told him about this pain, because I had actually forgotten about it until he spent a good portion of our session applying his energy to it (I also usually focus on telling him what is going on for me emotionally, not physically before we begin). I only asked him about it afterwards and he said that there was an energy block around my knee. I'm sure even skeptics of energy work would have a hard time disputing that we are energetic creatures and when we are sick or hurt, it shows up energetically. Anyway, it was a great session and I was present for the entire experience which I am proud of my busy brain for allowing me to do.

Despite being a bit under the weather today, I really feel like today was one of the best that I've had in a long time.

I'm Energized again. Still.

No comments:

Post a Comment